Select one person to register a team, the team captain or team manager. He/she will be responsible to build the team roster. Please submit the team roster by April 16, 2013.
To See 2012 Race Results Click Here
Team Captain's Packet (Downloads)
- › TIMETABLE AND CHECK-OFF LIST
- › TEAM PROFILE
- › ENTRY (Team Registration) FORM AND FEE PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- › DB EXAMPLE GUIDELINE FOR TEAM CAPTAINS
- › TEAM ROSTER FORM
- › ASIAN FESTIVAL WAIVER
- › MAP OF RACING SITE
Public Parking is available at the meters on the streets close to Genoa Park. Paid parkings are also available at the following lots:
- 75 S. Washington St. - Cosi *
- 322 S. State St. - Cosi *
- 52 Starling St. - Cosi *
- 250 W. Broad - Vets *
- 250 Civic Center Dr. - Parking of America (614.224.3827)
- 232 S. Front St. - Capital South (614.469.0292)
- 77 S. Front St.- Verne Riffe Garage (614.222.0855)
- 41 S. State St. - Standard Parking (614.461.5888)
- 55 E. Rich St. - Columbus City Center (614.224.1320)
- 60 E. State St. - Statehouse Parking (614.728.2557)
* These are the closest public lots for the Dragon Boat Race.
A dragon boat is a twenty foot canoe with a decorative dragonhead on the front and a tail on the back. A drummer sits facing the paddlers and directs them with the beat of the drum. A steersman stands in the rear and guides the boat with a long, wooden oar. The paddlers sit two by two on ten benches. These individuals paddle the stroke in unison to fly the dragon across the water. It is this synchronicity that is the key to racing. Dragon boat racing is as amazing to be a part of as it is to watch.
Dragon boat racing is a sport for all. This fact is not true in many other sports. It is the teamwork, the synchronicity that moves the boat. Muscle is good, but not nearly as good as paddling together with the correct technique. It is not uncommon to watch seemingly "weaker" teams win races. It is about paddling as one and having "heart".
Dragon boating is a sprint sport. Races are typically 500m. We will be racing 300m races at the Dragon Boat Race Event. You will explode off of the start line and power through the finish. The race will last about two minutes. "That's all?", you may say, but trust me, sometimes that is a very long two minutes. Besides that, you'll have a few chances to race.
Old 2012 Program
2013 to Follow
- 08:00am - 08:30am Teams Assemble
- 08:30am - 09:00am Ceremonial Monk Dotting of the Dragon Eyes
- 09:00am - 11:20am First Round of Dragon Boat Races
- 11:20am - 12:20pm Official Opening Ceremony
- 12:20pm - 02:20pm Second Round of Dragon Boat Races
- 02:20pm - 02:50pm Break
- 02:50pm - 03:00pm Championship Race
- 03:00pm - 03:15pm Awards Presentation